Friday, June 4, 2010

Charles Pittman

My goal in life is not to be rich, or be seen, but to positively impact the world. I used to be worried that if I wasn't physically talented at anything then I couldn't influence anyone or have a reason for people to look up to me. When Charles Pittman came and spoke to us today at the Freedom Forum, I realized his biggest impact on the world will not be the millions of peoples hearts he captured when he was winning all those football games, but his passion for diversity in journalism. I believe that is what will stick with people forever. I know that impacting the world takes leadership, that got me thinking where did i get my leadership skills from? Mr.Pittman said "leadership is not taught, it's learned. He explained later that learning is not given to me, that I must go and get it. I plan to "disturb the peace" by taking his "recruitment" speech and apply for the job of change.

No comments:

Post a Comment