Thursday, October 20, 2011

Race, Gender and Media 10/8

I learned a lot of what we learned tonight in class in my Psychology of Women class I took Fall 2011. I thought it was awesome that we recognize what media has done to the image of what a woman is. I feel a responsibility to change this influence to a positive one. The video that we watched today to me is much deeper than advertising. I believe that the natural insecurity that women have inflames when we are only presented with things that we need to make us better or things to buy to fit in and be accepted.
As a christian the way I initially viewed this is that since the beginning of time when Adam and Eve were in the garden and they both ate the apple. Women have been cursed with feeling incomplete. Think about it. Eve was tempted from the serpent, she was told that if she eats of the apple she will have the power and knowledge of the Lord. She was told that she was not okay with her current state that she needed to do more to be more. Is that message not still being told to women today?

No comments:

Post a Comment