Wednesday, August 18, 2010

THE DAY THAT WE SAID "I CAN DO IT MYSELF"

I love this poster. When I look at it, it inspires me to do my best in school and encourages me that I can do it no matter what. Some people look at this and compare women to men in the workforce, that's what this poster was supposed to do. From then on that has been the mindset of women, that we don't need men, that anything they can do, we can do better. That's not true, we do need men, what we don't need is for men to define and dictate us.
People always say "times have changed" and so that gives people the right to do whatever they want, then when someone questions their motives they use that as an excuse; but what they should be saying is "people have changed." I want to talk to both men and women about the pursuit of the opposite sex. I can say that the events in the times have changed people and their way of thinking. For instance a man that was not raised with his father, has not realized that God can be his heavenly father, or had a father but he wasn't a good example will not understand how to pursue a woman. On the woman's side if she was not raised with a father and had a mother who had to do everything alone, then she will probably have that mindset as well. On the other hand if she was raised with her father but he abused her mother in any form and the mother put up with it, then she most likely will think that it's okay. If a woman was not told or has not read in the bible what she's worth then she excepts what society says she's worth. This is happening so much it is excepted for woman to pursue men. If women would stick to their guns and not settle for weak men who don't have the guts to pursue them then it wouldn't be excepted. Men if you truly like a woman, MAN UP and stick to your guns and make a commitment to convince her. I don't know why men are so scared of MANing up? If you can't do it then you don't deserve to be called a man. It is your job no matter what happens to be THE leader. The reason why women have become so cold hearted and independent is their experience. Men if you lead a woman in good experience then she won't be so cold for the rest of her life. Men if you would stop limiting your abilities and realize you are the new century hero, so act like one! Women, if you would set your standards higher, men would have no choice to treat you like your a gift, and not a option. Stare at him until he open the door for you, let him pay for your meal, let him go out of his way to pick you up, expect him to come to the door and wait because Lord knows we won't be ready on time, let him put down his jacket on a puddle so you wont have to step in it, let him make decisions, let him treat you like a your rare.
We teach people how to treat us.
Get your lesson plan out, STICK TO IT and if they don't pass, FLUNK 'EM!
 Keep going until you find your valedictorian!
NEVER BE A STUPID GIRL........ BE A WOMAN WITH HIGH STANDARDS!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. You have Rosie the Riveter at the top of this post that is actually really sexist towards men AND women. Why do men have to be the leaders? And are you really using "cold-hearted" as a synonym for independent as if being an independent woman automatically makes you incapable of loving? I think it would good for you to understand what feminism really is before you start using feminist symbols to spread a message of sexism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So let me get this strait. Being independent and not needing a man to define you is cold? Just because I have a vagina does not mean that I take hours to get ready, that I cannot possibly walk around a puddle nor that I am cold because I'm willing to get what I need for myself. I can lead, I'm fairly good at it in fact, and stating that because a man has chosen to not lead makes him less of a man is sexist, idiotic and disregards choice. Also, just to clear this little bit up, what the Rosie the Riveter was advertising is that women are equal to men and can do the exact same things that men can do and modern feminists have even taken it so far as to think that women should earn equal pay for equal work, not that he needs to buy you dinner. Obviously,I think your definition of what constitutes stupid girl and mine are vastly different because all you seem to be doing is reinforcing that women are vapid egotists waiting for a man to "man up" and that is my very ideal of what a stupid girl is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so immature and I was angry at men. sorry ladies for my ignorance.

    ReplyDelete